Thursday 28 March 2013

Decisions, decisions.......

It's that time of the year again, when all around are entering, or have entered a race, their 'A' race, or in fact several races.
At time of writing, I have entered.....nothing.
So, what gives?
After all, I am currently on day 20 of a great training streak, which is even involving a number of structured pool sessions.

Perhaps it was my gallant(dodgy) decision to enter the Gloucester marathon, which was due to go in late January this year, and then duly got cancelled (with NO refunds) due to the stoopid snow.

Perhaps it is due to having raced x2 Ironman races in the space of  8 months....

Perhaps it is due to me getting all operationally retentive with regards to the family business...

Or, perhaps it is due to the fact that I am looking for something a little different.

Don't get me wrong, the whole race/holiday/family experience of Lanzarote Ironman (culminating in running down that finisher chute with my little men, to be welcomed by Kenneth Gasque), was truly the best triathlon experience I have had to date.

And posting my quickest ever super-sprint effort (with not much training), at the Warminster triathlon, was also a big highlight for me last year.

But, I remain peculiarly unconvinced to commit to pretty much anything at this (late) stage, as far as race planning goes.

However, there is one thing that does keep coming up in my thinking process time and again, and that is the Enduroman Double.

This looks like a tough day.

But walking through the visualisation process, (and having read a number of inspiring reports/blogs on the event), I feel it's something I could have a good shot at.
That is, aside from the 52 mile run, - likely in the dark..... through woods.....over tree roots.....and over many, many, many laps.

So, that is, where it's at.
For now.

An update will follow

JC.

1 comment:

  1. I posted a comment last night, where did it go?

    I'd thought you'd forgotten about blogging!

    That nagging voice in the back of your head about doing the double just won't go away will it?

    ReplyDelete