Tuesday 18 June 2013

decisions....? made.

Self denial, is over.

After a strong, and long period of 100 consecutive 'base' training days, culminating with a solid effort at the ever improving Cotswold 113 middle distance triathlon last Sunday, the focus is now locked in on another visit to the gem of a race that is Ironman Wales at Tenby, Pembrokeshire on September 8th 2013.

After (quite literally), a last minute entry, it is odd to find myself gearing up to go long again, but with less than 12 weeks to race day.

Nervous?, absolutely.

Excited?, definitely.


I suspect I am in a similar place as I was in June 2011 (training wise), but now also carrying the priceless experience gained from racing long twice in an 8 month period at Tenby, and the quite awesome Lanzarote.

My goal is, as always, to finish the race, with a smile, and a feeling that I gave a wholesome, measured, and concentrated effort on the day.

This Ironman thing certainly has an appeal, and the community is, if anything, just getting closer and more supportive.

I'll post a few more updates on progress over the coming weeks.

HOW much do we love this sport?

JC out.

No comments:

Post a Comment